We invite a 500-800 word abstract with 2-3 visuals on the theme for the Conference - ‘ in a planet of our own - a vision of sustainability with focus on Water ’
- how can we as designers address the concerns of sustainability?
- how may we use Design as a construct for sustainable practices?
- what is the role of design in a connected global world within the context of sustainability?
And, the paper could be about:
- Concern/Issues in Sustainability with focus on Water
- Application of Sustainability with focus on Water
- Conceptual Student projects on Sustainability with focus on Water
The conference will have the following themes:
- Vision, Thinking and Philosophy in context to Sustainability
- Culture, Identity, Artefacts, Storytelling and Sustainability
- Design Process, Planning and Strategy for Sustainable best practices
- Production, Supply, Energy, Conservation, Preservation and Waste
- Awareness, Education, Curriculum and Policy
The conference will focus on, but will not be limited to the following sub-themes:
Culture and Sustainability
Identity and Sustainability
Design and Sustainability
Product Life Cycle
Storytelling, Myths and Legends
Creative Strategies for preservation and supply
Design Curriculum on Sustainability
Corporate design strategies for Sustainability
Sustainability as creator of value for business
Everyday Life and Sustainability
Vernacular design language
Design, globalization and sustainability
Indigenous design networks on Sustainability
Both the abstracts as well as the papers will be double blind juried for selection. Accepted contributions will be published in the conference proceedings (ISBN).
The submission of abstracts for the papers is open.
The abstract submission should include the following:
Title of the paper
Abstract of the paper
Three to four images of the work described
Author name, Designation, Organisation and contact details (including email)
Category of submission (Academic / Industry / Student)
The total number of words including the title, keywords and the abstract should be a maximum of 800 words.
Selected papers will need to be orally presented by the author/s during the conference on 4th and 5th December 2015 at VMCC, IIT Bombay, India.
The time duration for each of the paper presentations is 15 minutes followed by 5 minutes for discussion along with Q & A. The selected papers will be published during the time of the conference.
Formatting guidelines as well as a template for the full paper will be supplied along with the acceptance mail of the abstract.
Deadline for abstract submission: 15th of June 2015
Declaration of accepted abstracts: 20th of July 2015
Deadline for submission of full paper: 15th September 2015
Full Paper selection results: 30th of September 2015
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us: mailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org