Culture and Sustainability
Identity and Sustainability
Design and Sustainability
Product Life Cycle
Storytelling, Myths and Legends
Creative Strategies for preservation & supply
Corporate design strategies
Everyday Life and Sustainability
Vernacular design language
Sustainability as creator of value for business
Design and globalization
Indigenous design networks
3rd, 4th and 5th,December 2015
VMCC, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India
The conference will have talks by leading thinkers and masters in the field of design and sustainability. We promise the sessions to be thought provoking and to throw fresh perspective on the role of design in the context of sustainability.
The theme for the Week and the Conference is ‘in a planet of our own - a vision of sustainability with focus on Water’.
- how can we as designers address the concerns of sustainability?
- how may we use Design as a construct for sustainable practices?
- what is the role of design in a connected global world within the context of sustainability?
The conference will have the following sub-themes:
- Vision, Thinking and Philosophy in context to Sustainability
- Culture, Identity, Artifacts, Storytelling and Sustainability
- Design Process, Planning and Strategy for Sustainable best practices
- Production, Supply, Energy, Conservation and Waste
- Awareness, Education, Curriculum and Policy
We expect speakers from across the globe representing best practices of sustainability from North, South, East and West.
Both the abstracts as well as the papers will be double blind juried for selection.
The call for abstracts for the papers is open.
- the deadline for submission of abstract is 31st of May 2015
- the deadline for submission of full papers 31st of August 2015
...... more details
Participation in the International Design Conference requires registration by all participants
- students, Paper presenters, faculty members and professionals (including students who are attending the ‘Design Workshop' and faculty members attending the ‘Round-table Meet')
...... more on registration details
International visitors need a visa to travel to India. For a letter of invitation, for visa purposes, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org