Wednesday 2nd December 2015
VMCC, Opposite IDC, IIT Bombay
The one day workshop promises to be filled with high energy interactive sessions with lots of enthusiasm to search, ideate, discuss and design. The workshop is meant to address and solve sustainability related problems.
The selected students (winners of the poster and cartoon competition) will work with international and national leaders on this subject.
1. Water from Air
Arturo Vittori, Italy and Prof. Kumaresan P, India
2. Urban Sustainability
Prof. Massimo Santanicchia, Iceland
3. Sustainability and Product Design
Suresh Sethi, India
4. Sustainability Stories through Calligraphy
Prof. Santosh Kshirsagar, India
5. Sustainability expressed through Street Art
Harshwardhan Kadam, India
6. Water, Design and Sustainability
Cintya Concari, Italy and Ruchi Shah, India
7. Sustainability and traditional cultures
Craftsman Sher Singh Babhor with Prof. Nina Sabnani, India
8. Explorations of Sustainability with Bamboo
Prof. Ravi Mokashi, Prof. Avinash Shine, Prof. Sandesh R and Craftsman Rudrapal, India
Wednesday 2nd December
08:30 – 09:00 Registrations
09:30 – 13:00 Morning Workshop Sessions
13:00 – 14:30 Lunch at VMCC
14:30 – 16.30 Afternoon Workshop Sessions
16:30 – 17:30 Workshop Outcome Presentations
17:30 – 18:30 High Tea at VMCC
18:30 Inauguration of Exhibitions + Press Meet
- Studios, materials and facilities for the workshop will be provided at IDC, IIT Bombay.
- The students have to bear the expenses of their travel to Mumbai
Registration for the Workshop and Conference:
For the selected (students) poster and cartoon competition winners to participate in the workshops on the 2nd of December is free. However, participation in the 'International Conference' on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of December requires registration and payment of concessional fees of Rs. 1500/-
Registration Fee includes:
- Conference Participation (3rd - 5th Dec, 2015) - listen/interact with grand masters of design, thought leaders and vision speakers
- Delegate Kit - conference brochure, note book, hand bag, handouts and conference procedings CD
- Lunch and Snacks on 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th, Dinner Invite on 3rd and 4th evenings
- Entry to Design Exhibition
- Certificate of Participation in both the workshop and conference
Outstation students who have paid the registartion fees to participate at both the workshop and conference can avail of accommodated in Student Hostels at the IIT Bombay Campus from 1st evening to 5th evening of December 2015. The rates are roughly Rs 1000 (US $ 25) for four days for the Student Hostel accommodation. (the accomodation is only available for all four days and not avialble for just one or two days)
Make sure to choose this option while doing the registration.
Directions to IDC:
The link to the directions is: http://www.idc.iitb.ac.in/about/directions.htm
Please contact ‘Help-desk’ at IDC on arrival. Help-desk will guide you.
Visa for students from abroad:
Do let us know if you need additional letter of invitation for the Visa
A design solution to the issue of ‘In a Planet of our own – a vision of sustainability’ based on practices, artefacts, services, projects, narratives and messages on sustainability from your own culture, context and environment is to be creatively conceptualised and represented as a visual inside a circle (of diameter 3500 pixels).